Saturday, August 16, 2008

Recognising the Potential in Property Deals

I found a nice little house for sale last week in a neighbouring town while I was driving home. I always keep and eye out for real estate investing opportunities. An old lady was in the front yard cleaning up some weeds. The property had two agents? boards out the front. I had noticed this place about six weeks earlier with a ?for private sale by owner? board out the front only. The owner was trying to sell the place privately. Now it had two agents? boards in the front yard.

When the private sale board was up I had enquired what the asking price was. It turned out the owners wanted $178000 for the home. I did some calculations at the time, but the figures did not add up to my requirements. So I did not pursue it any further.

When I noticed the two agents? signs this time and I saw the elderly lady in the front yard I thought I may as well make some new enquiries. The owner told me that there had been little enquiry for her property. No real estate investors had shown any interest even any real serious live in home buyers. Enid asked me if I wanted to look through the house. I had time and said if it was okay with her that would be great.

As I walked into the back yard I noticed how big it was. There was a gas line easement at the back and a large park out the front. The house is on the same road as the primary and secondary schools as well. Down the street past the schools about 400 meters is a new housing development that is adding massive value to the area for real estate growth and capital gains.

The block of land the house is on, is long enough to build two adjacent town houses. They would blend into the area very well. Especially with the parkland out front and no one able to build behind. I immediately began to think about the zoning of the block. If it was R1 or R2 zoned. I will enquire at the local council. If the zoning turns out to be R2 then I would be able to build a pair of three bedroom duplexes. It is only a short walk to the town centre as well. Another plus in this investment property?s favour.

I found this potentially great deal by always watching what is going on in my targeted areas. This is something that is important to any real estate investor. The other important aspect is to recognize the hidden potential that some properties have. Also you need to be able to capitalize on these opportunities. This all takes time to learn and to put into practice. But it is certainly worth the effort to ensure you move along with your wealth creation and retirement nest egg.

To your investing success

Leo Love

PS If any of your family or friends is interested please pass this on to them

http://www.therealestateinvester.com

I am an experienced and passionate investor. I buy typical mum and dad type houses that give me cash flow and capital growth. My website offers helpful tips and ideas for any type of investor to help you with your wealth creation. Using my site will help to prevent you falling into the traps the inexperienced investors do.

No comments: